Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Directing my first Marvel feature - IRONMAN 3

I'm taking this small break in the whirlwind of excitement, that is in any director's first feature film, to take it all in.


It's crazy. It's exciting to the level of some form of narcotic. I'm directing my first feature film for Marvel Studios, and while I should be reading, sleeping, planning, I'm blogging. I am like the vast majority of comic book fans, I keep late hours, I read voraciously, the things that hold indefatigable interest for me, and I write. And right now, I have to write about how freakin exciting this is for me.


I knew this day would come, after all of the working writing, and the indie comics I was involved with (Pulp Digital's "Hostage", drawn by J.W. MIller. "The Last Citizen", drawn by Graham Jorgenson, and "The Hero Door" drawn by James Rodriguez ), and the web series, a tribute to the only rag fit to read in the Marvel universe - "The Bugle", i knew if I put in the work, rewards would come. I'll post my origin story once I get a spare few hours.


I've loved Marvel Comics, since I was 5 yrs old. The spoke to me in a way nothing else did. I moved to NYC to play blues guitar, and draw Marvel superheroes. So it's safe to say that I am a True Believer. I believed I'd be here, and KA-POW!.. I'm here. Well, I've got more reading and research to do, and yes, reading comic books, in this particular instance, is 100% research.


Nuff Said



No comments:

Post a Comment